If you need cheap FL auto insurance, the Sunshine State is a great place to be a driver. Because of Florida’s no-fault law on automobile accidents, policies in Florida are less expensive than in many other parts of the country. And while Florida requires that you have car insurance in order to operate a vehicle in the state, the minimum requirements for liability are low, which keeps auto insurance premium rates low as well.
What’s The Bare Minimum Coverage For Cheap Fl Car Insurance?
https://floridainsurancequotes.net/florida-auto-insurance/, Florida only requires two types of insurance to allow drivers to operate a car in the state. You’ll need to be insured for personal injury protection and property damage liability. The minimum policy for each must be for a payout of $10,000 in the event of an accident. You’re bound to find the cheapest policies if you’re willing to only insure yourself for these bare minimums, but increasing your limits for a few dollars more a month might give you more peace of mind.
Personal injury insurance covers you and your family, along with other passengers in your vehicle in the event that you’re involved in an accident. It can even cover policyholders when they’re pedestrians or riding a bicycle, and the policyholder’s children while they’re riding on a school bus. It’s useful to point out that the $10,000 of minimum coverage is the total amount that the insurance company is required to pay for all injuries to all parties covered by your insurance.
Damage liability insurance covers you for damage you cause to other people’s property when you’re involved in an accident. Even though Florida’s no-fault insurance law requires the other party to an accident to be paid by their own insurance company, if you’re at fault in an accident, it’s still possible for the other driver, pedestrian, or cyclist to sue you for damage to their property. Damage liability insurance can help you pay if you’re sued. Remember that damage liability coverage only applies to other people’s property, and damage to your own vehicle is not covered by this bare bones policy.
How To Find Cheap Florida Car Insurance
- Request quotes from several insurers: Florida regulates the insurance industry but it does not set the rates for auto insurance. There can be a wide range of prices available at
https://floridainsurancequotes.net/florida-auto-insurance/ depending upon the company you choose. Get firm prices from at least three insurers. Some brokers can offer you prices from more than one insurer.
- Verify the accuracy of your application information: There are two reasons to make sure you’re accurate when filling out your application. Insurance claims can be denied if the company discovers that you’ve given them false information. They can cancel your policy even if you’ve never had an accident or missed a payment if they find out that your info is wrong. And a mistake might make you miss out on an opportunity for a discount that you’re qualified for but don’t know about. Always tell the truth in any case.
- Get a binder from your agent upon signing: You don’t need the actual policy in your hand to begin driving legally, but you will need proof of insurance. An insurance binder provides that proof.
- Pay your insurance company directly: Don’t make payments to insurance agents. They might delay deposit, or even abscond with the payments.
- Report changes in your situation: If your situation changes appreciably during the term of the policy, tell your insurer about it. It ensures there’s no dispute when it’s time to make a claim or renew your policy.
- Know your policy renewal date: It can cost extra money to renew your driver’s license, get license plates, or registration if you let your insurance policy lapse. Don’t depend on your insurance company to let you know when your payments are due or your policy is up for renewal.
Cheap Florida Auto insurance can be easy to find if you follow the guidelines listed above. Always remember that while the cheapest policy can save you money, it may not be the best option if you are looking for high-quality coverage. Quotes are definitely your best friend when it comes to lower cost policies. Go ahead and collect a few at
https://floridainsurancequotes.net/florida-auto-insurance/ to start saving.